Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
State-run Social Security System (SSS) said more than 60,000 Filipinos in South Korea will soon enjoy the benefits of social security coverage and protection both from their host and mother countries following the signing of the bilateral agreem...
Margielyn Didal won another Southeast Asian Games gold medal in the skateboarding evebt at Sigtuna Hall of the Tagaytay International Convention Center. Didal defeated compatriot Christiana Means in the finals to clinch the gold. Means set...
The House of Representatives apprived additional incentives to Filipino gold medalists in the 30th Southeast Asian Games. The chamber adopted House Resolution No. 568, which seeks to collect and deduct the individual pledges of congressmen from...
Filipina duathlon athlete Monica Torres clinched a gold medal on the second day of the 30th Southeast Asian Games/ Despite suffering from an upset stomach before the competition, Torres dominated the women's finals at the Subic Bay Boardwal...
Mayor Jaime Fresnedi (left) monitors weather updates and discusses response strategies, evacuation system, coordination protocol, and provision of food items for evacuation centers with the city disaster council members. Fresnedi on Tuesday ordered ...
Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso and Vice Mayor Maria Sheilah "Honey" Lacuna-Pangan met with the representatives of Cyberdyne, a company specialized in utilizing robotics for patients with neurological disorders. Cyber...