Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Makati Business Club (MBC) on Thursday lauded Makati Mayor Abby Binay for making it easier to do business in the city. At a roundtable meeting hosted by the MBC at Ayala Tower One, Ayala Corporation President and COO Fernando Zobel de Ayala expr...
An executive order justifies the increased police visibility inside campuses, according to the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG). DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said the department will review the memorandum of agreement with...
School heads and barangay chairpersons in Quezon City are now allowed to suspend classes in their respective jurisdictions if they believe that public safety will be compromised in vasr of inclement weather. This was explained to the representa...
Tuloy ang paglaban ng Pamahalaang Lungsod ng Caloocan sa sakit na dengue. Nagsagawa ng "fogging" at "larviciding" ang Caloocan City Health Department sa Lerma Elementary School upang mapuksa ang mga kiti-kiti at lamok na nagdudul...
The City Social Welfare and Development Office headed by Dorothy Evangelista, together with the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children (GPEVAC), holds a two-day Adult Stakeholders Workshop to End Violence Against Children at the City Hal...
The local government of Manila is reimbursing the unpaid salaries of 324 workers who were contracted by the previous city administration, according to Mayor Isko Moreno. Most of these employees were hired as job order workers in February 2019 but ha...