Articles worth reading

Wha happened

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Just to be mischievous, sometimes in the text exchanges, I would inquire wha happened on a serious topic to get various reactions. This time though, my query on wha happened is as real it can be. I am talking about this news going around the social...

MESSAGE TO NEGOTIATORS: As delegates from various countries meet in Uruguay for the first intergovernmental plastics treaty negotiations, women leaders from the International Pollutants Elimination Network (IPEN) don

Group seeks protection from plastic chemicals, pollution 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

As the first meeting this week of the Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee (INC1) to develop a global legally-binding instrument on plastics progresses, the toxics watchdog group EcoWaste Coalition affirmed the urgency to protect humans and other ...

Fintech Alliance INDX Summit 2.0 reinforces digital transformation 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Fintech Alliance.PH in cooperation with Enderun Conferences recently hosted the second edition of Inclusion and Digital Transformation (INDX) Summit last November 22-23, 2022 at the Enderun Tent in McKinley Hill, Taguig City. The event was attended b...

Quezon City News

2,170 QC, Camanava families seek shelters amid typhoon

account_balanceQuezon City chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

More than 2,000 families from Caloocan, Navotas, Malabon, Valenzuela (Camanava), and Quezon Cities were evacuated from their homes due to super typhoon Karding, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.

Based on a Facebook post of the Quezon City local government, there were 2,175 families (7,312 individuals) from the city’s six districts who were evacuated to 77 evacuation center as of 2:30 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 26.

The local government on Sunday, Sept. 25, conducted forced and preemptive evacuations of families living in flood-prone areas to ensure their safety amid super typhoon Karding.

Advertisement

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte also visited the evacuation centers on Sunday to check the situation of the families and provide them assistance.

As of 9:06 a.m. on Sunday, the city government said that some families have returned to their homes.

The Valenzuela City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) listed 219 evacuated families (highest number recorded) in 12 evacuation centers as of 1 a.m. on Monday.

The Valenzuela City government also deployed its “Kitchen on Wheels” to serve hot meals to families in some evacuation centers.

Advertisement

The city government said that as of 8 a.m. on Monday, nine evacuation centers were already vacated by the families and only 122 families are staying in three centers.

In Caloocan City, 39 families were staying in five evacuation centers (11 evacuation centers were activated) as of 9 a.m. on Monday.

Caloocan City Mayor Dale Gonzalo “Along” Malapitan had earlier instructed his personnel to ensure that the needs of the evacuees in the centers were met including food, tents, and other basic necessities.

Meanwhile, the Navotas City government opened nine schools that served as the evacuation centers for 414 evacuated families from different barangays in the city.

All evacuees have already returned to their homes and were provided with food and other necessities, the city government said.

Aside from the cancellation of classes in the city, Navotas City Mayor John Rey Tiangco also announced that work in local government offices were also suspended on Monday, Sept. 26. However, disaster response and health services departments remained operational.

The city government of Malabon said that as of 7:30 a.m. on Monday, 107 families (443 individuals) were evacuated in four centers. They were also given hot meals.

Some of the families returned to their homes and there were around 24 families still staying in the evacuation centers as of 10 a.m.

The Valenzuela and Malabon City governments announced that they have already started clean up operations around the cities and in some evacuation sites.

As of 8 a.m. on Monday, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) has already lifted tropical cyclone wind signal No. 1 in Metro Manila.

date_rangeDate Published
2 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

68,000 Parañaque seniors receive Christmas gifts

account_balanceParañaque chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

A total of 68,000 registered senior citizens in Parañaque City have received their Christmas gifts and food packs as of Nov. 28, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Mayor Eric Olivarez made the announcement during the regular Monda...

Makati to disburse P158.6-million cash incentives for seniors

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Makati City government allocated P158,655,500 to year-end cash incentives for 83,857 senior citizens in the city, according to  report by GMA News. In a statement, Mayor Abby Binay said registered Blu Card holders in the city will receive t...

×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature